Job Description and Application Process
Full Time Management Accountant required
Location: King’s Cross, London
Salary Range: £35,000 – £45,000
Employment: Full Time
Mongoose Energy is a small but growing business formed in 2015, and now employs 15 people across two locations in the UK. Mongoose brings together local people and commercial developers to finance, build and manage community-owned, renewable energy projects. We are majority owned by the community energy groups we work with, which are legally required to trade for the benefit of the community. Each group is made up of people who have got together in their local community to generate renewable energy from the sun, wind or water. The surplus profits from these renewable power plants are donated to local charities and good causes.
Mongoose continues to expand, and we now have a vacancy for a part or newly qualified Management Accountant to join the team based in the London office, near Kings Cross. The candidate will work closely with the operations team in producing timely, accurate and meaningful financial reports and accounts for our clients.
Being a small business, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter, they will be hands on and flexible, a good communicator and team worker, with excellent analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to produce and analyse management accounts, reports and forecasts. The candidate should have an interest in the renewable energy and/or the community energy market.
- preparing monthly and quarterly management accounts for individual entities and consolidated as a group
- producing analysis, meaningful comparisons and commentary for the management accounts
- creating, updating and maintaining the short-term budgets & cashflows for each entity
- undertaking financial administration and improving internal accounting processes& policies
- liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues
- helping to control and forecast income and expenditurefor our clients
- providing ad-hoc support and financial information to our Clients – mostly Community Benefit companies and Community Interest Companies
- assisting with year-end audits and liaising with auditors
- dealing with statutory compliance and government bodies (Companies House, HMRC etc.)
- Must have excellent MS Excel skills
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures
- Previous experience of producing management accounts
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting standards
- Experience of longer term financial modeling advantageous
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Qualified or part qualified AAT, CIMA, ACCA or ICAEW
- Candidate must be prepared for occasional travel to our other offices near Corsham, Wiltshire.
- Annual salary of £35k to £45k pa dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday per year
- 5% pension
To apply for the position please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by 20th July 2017.